Key Technical Highlights
Lead Android Engineer, UI Centric
August 2017 – present
Develop, improve & maintain video based android apps for multiple platforms. Appreciated for impactful initiatives and for getting things done despite the blockers.
As a team lead, I make sure we all together deliver a product which continuously increases the customers’ satisfaction.
- increased the app stability by implementing the MVVM pattern & using the architecture components
- improved the playback performance & UX by loading the necessary data & views at right times
- adapted both the player SDK and the app when migrating from Anvato SDK
- improved the team efficiency by setting guidelines for coding, development & git flow
- rebuilt the deeplink implementation (branch.io)
- rebuilt the search implementation (Algolia)
- AMC: maintained the DRM support (mpeg-dash + widevine)
- Leia Loft: setup the mock environment for the team and developed a smooth home cover flow
Android Engineer, Lama Team
January 2015 – August 2017
Smoothly play video frames back & forth based on phone’s scrolling speed & direction, from 1x to 12x the playback speed. Developed the Android app & objective-c server with avplayer.
Read more here: Implementing an interactive wall
Android Developer, MaxLabs
March 2014 – September 2014